The environmental objective of Hussey Seatway Ltd is to create a climate of excellence. Not only in our products and or services but also for our employees, persons affected by our activities and the environment. Recently, Hussey Seatway has committed to further reducing hazardous pollutants and reducing waste.
These environmentally friendly changes include:
- Banning use of all CFCs in spray mechanisms
- Reducing the production of VOCs
- Reducing xylene use
- Switching to environmentally friendly paints and glues
- Recycling 86% of non-hazardous solid waste, 14% disposed of at a licensed waste-to-energy facility
- Reducing the amount of hazardous waste generated by 92%, and
- Reducing energy consumption by switching to environmentally friendly lighting and more efficient vehicles
Our commitment will continue. This can only be achieved through regular monitoring of our environmental performance against objectives regulated by a committed management system. As a business will manage our activities to minimise wherever practicable their effect on the environment and in doing so are committed at all levels, within all functions of the Company to continual improvement extending to:
- Reducing to a minimum unnecessary use of materials, resources and energy.
- Reduce to a minimum the environmental effect on all future developments.
- Identifying any risk of pollution arising from any of our activities, products and/or services. Therefore, this shall then be either eliminated or effectively controlled. It would be measured to meet or exceed all environmental regulatory requirements.
- Reducing waste to the lowest practicable level ensuring responsible disposal of waste created and received, undertaking environmental audits, and measuring results against established targets.
- Advocate employee or sub-contractor involvement in all environmental matters, providing suitable training and support to all employees with regard to the environmental policy.
- Minimise any adverse environmental effects caused as a result of our activities, products and/or services.
- Seek a buying policy that tries to ensure where practicable all products and/or services supplied or provided by third parties, can be handled, stored and disposed of in a manner, which safeguards the environment.
Although we have to transport our platforms to installations, we ensure that the installers stay near-by to avoid unnecessary footprint.
Each installation can be 85% recycled, this includes all metalwork and all birch plywood slats (these are sustainable wood anyway).
We implement a strict service policy which sustains the life of each installation. This, therefore, assists with the long lifetime of the product, avoiding waste.
We are currently in the process of applying for our ISO 14001. This is the principal management system which will help to control our environmental aspects, reduce impacts and ensure legal compliance.
This policy will be subject to an annual review or where major changes to our business operations affect its integrity.